Finding a Course
Health Careers have put together a page that gives you some tips on deciding on the right higher education subject and course for you.
Students starting and continuing one of the following courses from September 2020 can apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund (NHS LSF).
- dental therapy/dental hygiene (level 5 and 6 courses)
- nursing (adult, child, mental health, learning disability, joint nursing/social work)
- occupational therapy
- operating department practitioner (level 5 and 6 courses)
- orthotics and prosthetics
- paramedics (bachelors and masters courses are eligible, DipHE and FD courses are not eligible for NHS LSF)
- radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- speech and language therapy
a Training Grant for all eligible students of £5,000 per academic year
Parental Support of £2,000 for students with at least one dependent child under 15 years, or under 17 years if registered with special educational needs (this used to be called Child Dependants Allowance)
- reimbursement of excess costs incurred on practice placement for travel and temporary accommodation costs (Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses)
- students experiencing financial hardship (Exceptional Support Fund)
For more information click here.