ECHO (Extension of Community Health Outcomes):
Project ECHO facilitates the delivery of a free and tailored programme of training and education direct from St Luke’s to multiple sites where there is a training and education need. This then creates a community of practice that supports service delivery, sharing of knowledge and support to staff in underserved areas.
The benefits to nursing homes of participating in Project ECHO are:
- A more engaged confident workforce with increased knowledge on delivery of palliative care.
- Improved team working.
- Potential reduction in acute unplanned and inappropriate hospital admissions.
- Nurses have evidence of education for revalidation with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Proof of continuing professional development for the workforce in EOLC for the Care Quality Commission.
- Potential for improved staff retention.
- Improved links with Community Specialist Palliative Care.