This framework sets out how you can reach out to young people, broadening their horizons and raising their aspirations, which will, in turn, create a more diverse workforce within health. You can read it here.
Apprenticeships are the lifeblood of the SYREC running through all aspects of the programmes, with particular attention on maximising the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Understanding the LWAB priorities and how these link with apprentices
- Understanding of apprenticeships being delivered in all NHS Trusts/Local Authority/independent care providers
- Identification of the key challenges facing all partners
- A focus on hard to reach/hard to engage groups of staff/organisations through workforce development initiatives.
- Partnerships with education and employers engaging with apprenticeships and maximising the levy
https://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf2326 - a toolkit aimed at providers but very useful for employer-providers also.
Commissioned by HEE, Skills for Health has developed Healthcare Apprenticeship Standards Online (HASO), a tool to help health sector managers in England find a wide range of apprenticeships to train staff in clinical and non-clinical roles. For all the latest news on apprenticeship standards that are available to deliver, those in development, expressions of interest and to comment on consultations please visit HASO.
Building on the series of Strategic Overview of Apprenticeships events sponsored by Health Education England and facilitated by Skills for Health, a programme of work is underway to develop a range of online tools and resources to help you to implement apprenticeships, you can access these tools and resources here
a range of best practice guidance and case studies, for the implementation of apprenticeship are available here